Striped Bass (Striper) Fishing on Lake Murray
Outdoor Demands Charters was chosen to be the exclusive guide service for Spinners Resort and Marina (www.spinnersresort.com). This is defiantly a great reflection of our service. I pride our guide service of being best of the best. You will not find another guided service with the amenities, number of boats, gear, know how, and diversity. Our association with Spinners Resort and Marina will allow us to accommodate your charter fishing demands along with boarding, meals, bait and tackle. Please refer to Spinners Resort and Marina for boarding accommodations. www.spinnersresort.com
Striper fishing on Lake Murray can be very rewarding and challenging. Stripers can be caught year long, and are seasonal: Winter, spring, summer, and fall. This requires different tactics. When you book a trip with Outdoor Demands we will discuss various methods and teach you when and how to use them.
Winter - Starting in November, fish move up Lake Murray and into the rivers and large creeks. The stripers can be seen chasing and crashing bait along the shores and flocks of birds will sign where the fish can be targeted. The usual method of fishing is throwing buck tails or setting up to intersect the stripers by using live bait presented on free lines and plainer boards. Usually, we will have fish crashing all lines at once on buck tails, free lines, and plainer boards.
Spring - The fish are starting to warm up and put on weight to prepare for the annual spawn. Fish are targeted in the rivers and creeks, but as the water warms, the stripers move out and down Lake Murray. By late May schooling will occur and the stripers will be at their peak weight. The best method of catching will be slow trolled live bait, but have a top water plug at the ready. Peak activity is May through mid June.
Summer - After the spawn the stripers will go through a transition. The fish will move from the mouths of the coves to the deep water in lower Lake Murray. The best method for catching a lot of fish will be live bait fished on down rods and free lines. However, do not rule out cut bait on the underwater humps and points. Expect great fishing during early morning and late afternoon June - July.
Fall - A transition time, but be very rewarding. The lake will turn over and scatter the fish from lower to mid Lake Murray. Once you find the fish, use down rods. You will be rewarded with a boat load of fish. Also, schooling will occur throughout the day. As cold weather approaches in November, the bait will start balling up and the fishing becomes more predictable.
Lake Murray Striped Bass (Striper) Photos
Striped Bass (Striper) Fishing Guide
Lake Murray, South Carolina
|2 hour lake cruse
|4 hour fishing trip
|Up to 8 hour fishing trip
||$425.00 Includes up to four people.
$50.00 for each additional person
|$100 Deposit >>
Rates Include: Fishing Boat, Gas, Bait, Tackle, & Ice
What Customers Should Bring!
- Food & drink
- Hat & seasonal clothing
- Sun glasses, sun screen
- Soft shoes - Non marring
- Rain gear
- A $100.00 deposit (per day) is required when your trip is booked. This deposit is NON REFUNDABLE unless I cancel the trip!
- If you cancel the trip more than 10 days before the trip date, the deposit can be used to book another date. If you cancel the trip less than 10 days before the trip date, the deposit will be forfeited and no new date will be booked without an additional deposit.
- No date will be considered confirmed until the deposit is received.
- The deposit must be received within 10 days of booking to hold the date
- I will make the decision on whether or not to cancel a trip due to bad weather. Rain is not a reason for cancellation. Lightening, other dangerous weather, or sea conditions would be reasons for cancellation. If I cancel the trip, your deposit can be applied to another date or fully refunded.
Captain Arthur Simons